Thursday, January 8, 2009

*** Happy New Year 2009 ***

It's been forever it seems since I last checked in here. Boy have I been busy busy busy. I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very Happy & Prosperous New Year! May all your dreams come true this year.

I do hope to pop in and post a little more often this year. I have been working around the house trying to get everything back to normal and sweep up all the little tiny sneaky cobwebs and dustbunnies that like to hide in the corners during the winter months. I just got new contacts last month and believe me, I was missing a lot!! Of course, I must have been half blind before my new contacts because of all the 'yuckies' I was missing. Hmmmm, wonder why the kids and hubby didn't say anything??? Oh well, I'm doing a good cleaning and will be back to painting in no time:)

Yes, I'm in my painting phase now. I haven't sewed a new doll in a while. I did sew a few purses for myself over the holidays. Well, 3 finished ones and two others started. They turned out ok I think. Two are made from kids Levi's jeans. One is a striped spring purse and another is a big brown paisley tote-type with buttons sewed on here and there. Anyway, as I was saying. I did a lot of painting in November and December. I made almost all of my Christmas gifts this year. It was a homemade Christmas with lots of smiles and I had a blast making them all. I also painted a big saw with a covered bridge on it for someone to give his wife for Christmas...haven't heard what she thought of it, but he sure did like it, so it worked for me. I have another 5' two man saw that I'm starting at the end of the month for another friend...I've only had it for about 2 years now, guess it's time to drag it out and get on it before the nice weather gets here. Hubby's going to camp at the end of January so I'm painting all weekend:) :) :) Can hardly wait, LOL.

Okay, I'm wrapping it up for now....until next time...Happy Crafting, Blogging, Scrapbooking, Painting, Sewing or just play in the Snow if you have nothing else to do!

God Bless